Monday, October 25, 2010

Updates

I

So a lot has happened sense I last blogged. School has started, Allegro and I have been jumping more, Coach is staying kind of idle and my days are full of school and riding lessons. A couple weeks ago Erin and I had a lesson with Eve and we did a lot of jumper courses to prepare for our upcoming jumper show. On Saturday I had a horse show at Stoneleigh and rode my favorite pony there, Monty. Over all it was a really fun day, I smiled and almost laughed my way through my whole jumping course I was having so much fun and didn’t have as much fun in my flat test and in my flat class but overall it was actually a really great time. Yesterday Carly, Molly, Kaylee, Erin, and I went for a long trail ride in the state forest followed by a little jumping on the x-country course followed by Molly, Carly, Erin, and I clearing an old trail and building a bunch of new jumps on it. Today I had no school so I lugged a couple more maple syrup buckets and poles into the field and made up a five jump course with a bending line a two stride line and a one stride line. I did a bunch of flatting to start out with and Allegro had A TON of energy so I went on to jumping. She ended up having too much energy to even jump so I took her out on the road and we galloped for about 4 miles straight and she was still jigging when I got home. I cooled her out and went onto playing the seven games with Coach. I had a weekend full of horses and that’s the way I like it. This coming weekend I have an IEA horse show at Biscuit Hill Farm followed by a jumper show on Sunday at Mount Holyoke. I am crossing my fingers that Allegro will find a way to burn off a lot of energy this week so she isn’t as crazy as she was today at the show but we’ll see. It will be a learning experience. I will post pictures and the results in the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Indra here- Erin has the pics and videos so hopefully she will upload those soon. Both of the ponies were amazing but we weren't quite fast enough to bring home any ribbons.....Maybe next time though

    p.s. sorry about my name its Indra idk why it has polka(only molly) there

    ReplyDelete