Saturday, January 15, 2011

Horse shows, lessons, and horses




Indra

So, i know i have made a lot of posts recently, but recently a lot of stuff has happened. About a week before New Years i found a Canadian warmblood cross through my trainer and hoof trimmer. Abby is a 15.3hh amazing mare. Today Erin and I went to an SBS jumper show and Maybelle and Abby were amazing. Erin did the 2' and 2'3'' divisions, getting a second in both jump offs and fourth in one power and speed class. I did th 2'3'' and 2'6'' divisions, getting a fourth in my first power and speed, and then a second in my next power and speed. I forgot both of the jump off courses, resulting in us being disqualified. Claire and Kaylee came and groomed for us, and everyone froze their toes off in the brutally cold weather. We both had a great time and the mares were amazing! Abby's official owner Michele came and watched Abby and I compete, giving us advice. Eve also came by and coached both Erin and I and it was super helpful! we are planning on having a lesson with Eve every other week, at Back Acres, practicing our skills as riders, enhancing our horses skills, and just having fun. Over the winter, i am planning on building up on my jumper skills, memorizing courses, strengthening my bond and relationship with Abby. We just bought a Brenderup trailer from a friend, and hopefully i will be showing more because of that. My longtime goal for this summer is to make it to bigger jumper shows with Abby, and to make it further with Coach and Allegro. Signing off
Indra

No comments:

Post a Comment