Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer

Erin

Hey everyone!! It's the first day of summer and I figured our blog needed a new template.

I have some very exciting news. We have been granted permission to use the barn apartments at the farm I work at down the street. This means we will be able to watch movies while eating popcorn and drinking cold soda, and having a nice porch to sit on at night to watch the stars and listen to the sound of horses eating their dinner. The apartments are nice and cozy, with two beds in one room and two more in the other. We are aloud to move around mattresses and beds as we like, so we can all be in the same room. Now all we need is a sleepover party!!!

Also, I wanted to write about how nice it is to go for a fun gallop through the fields on my favorite pony, just like in years before. The only thing that has changed is I am taller, and Maybelle has stayed the same size. I am dreading the day when I truly outgrow her, but hopefully that wont be for a while. It's so fun and exhilarating to run into the paddock, through a bridle on your pony's head, and jump on, barefoot and bareback. Then all I need to do is jump the stone wall, and we're off, whizzing around the edge of the fields. There's this one spot where I used to race my friend (she rode her four wheeler) and every time we hit it Maybelle picks up even more speed and we fly up the hill with me whooping and putting my arms out like a bird. There's nothing like going for a run on your pony. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment