Saturday, June 5, 2010

Same but Different

Indra writes about Coach

I have been working with Coach for a little while now. I started with groundwork and have moved up to riding him. A few days ago I had a pretty good ride consisting of walk trot and jump in both directions. He wouldn't canter. I was still very pleased with the way he had changed. Over the winter he turned into the grouchy old man, but is now breaking out of that and is the super fun pre-teen.

Today I decided to ride him again and had the same sort of ride but even better! We started out walking and then worked up to a trot. Unlike his companion Allegro Coach has one of the smoothest trots I have ever ridden. After trotting in both directions I cantered to the left. Like his trot his canter is also wonderful. I cantered to the left and to the right before jumping. We did some jumping over the 12" vertical cantering over it to the right and trotting it to the left. After about 20 minutes my mom came out and started to film some of my ride. The black flies started to get really bad and he wasn't fly sprayed so he was pretty agitated(that included bucking and head shaking, not to get me off but to get the bugs off.) After about another 10 minutes I headed in and realized how happy I was that I didn't give up on him. He is amazing. Maybe he will come to some shows or gymkhanas this summer. I don't know. It depends on what happens. We may end up being champions.



No comments:

Post a Comment