Monday, June 7, 2010

Some disappointing news

Indra writes about Coach again

Today our vet came out to do Coach's teeth and I also had her look at his inflamed ankle that was particularly large and swollen today. She had me trot him up and down the driveway and then checked out his ankle. It turned out to be a fused joint. Not good. At all. She tried to flex it but couldn't and then had be trot him up and down again. The lameness was even worse! He was hobbling down the driveway like his ankle was throbbing. It probably was. Amy concluded that I couldn't do any more jumping and had to ride him at least four times a week six or seven would be better. I can only do light work with him meaning walk trot. A ten minute walk more up followed my five to ten minute walk and trot session. Bad news comes with the good. He has been an angel and I am so happy that this isn't worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment