Thursday, May 13, 2010

New ring!

So I decided to delete my way too long last post and write this instead. I have been making plans with my dad for a while now about putting up a ring. Just yesterday my mom started bugging me about starting to ride my TB Coach. It's been quite a while since I actually have done some serious riding with him. I worked with him for a little while on the ground, and then deciding that he was ready for me to get on i put on his bridle and hopped up. Immediately started to do little crow hopes and headed towards the barn with a small rear. After he crossed the mud pit of a stream I threw myself off of the saddle, grabbed a lead rope, tied him up and headed into the house to ask my dad if he would set up the ring we had been talking about for ages! In about 20 minutes we had a new ring/round pen up. I had a very successful ride with him w/t/c. Hopefully by the end of the summer he will be able to join the HSS gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment