Sunday, May 2, 2010

You need legs to ride!

Indra

On January 18 2010 I got kicked by my horse Coach, and immediately breaking my leg. It was a long two and a half months before I was officially allowed to ride again. Now fully healed I am enjoying my time fully as a Saddle Sister. Two weekends ago Erin, Kaylee, and I decided to ride to my house for a sleepover. One way the ride was about 8 miles, and it was all rode riding, much to our disadvantage. Erin and I had gone for a long ride in the State Forest the day before. Me on Willy and Erin on Maybelle. As our rides usually go when the three of us are riding together when we don't have my pony Allegro, I rode Maybelle, Erin rode Tango, and Kaylee rode Willy. We headed out hoping to make it from Plainfield to Worthington in about two or so hours. Tango was kind of right brain introverted for the first part of the ride so Erin decided to walk the first mile or so. After about two hours we were nearing my house, still about 3 or 4 miles away though. We arrived at my house about an hour after we hoped. It was about 3:00. My TB Coach and my Hackney pony Allegro were already happily grazing in their 9 acre pasture. After about 2 or 3 hours the horses were pretty much settled and recovered from our ride. We ended up jumping on my homemade cross country course then we decided to sleep in the cabin. We had enjoyed our time thoroughly. 3 out of the 4 Saddle Sisters enjoying riding thoroughly. Coming up we are thinking about going on a mothers day ride, possibly as mother/daughter.A lot has happened sine that weekend, but I decided that it would be a good way to start off.

No comments:

Post a Comment