Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer fun has just begun!

Erin

I know it's not summer yet, but it feels like summer! The weather has been so nice that I have been able to ride in shorts, tanktops, and barefoot. I have been hosing the horses down after rides, and I am tempted to go swimming in the river! Most of all, this spring and summer has brought a huge change to Tango. She feels like a new horse! A new, less spooky, faster, willing to please, easy going pony. She has been great cantering through the fields, fenomenol galloping up the hills, and awesome winding through the skinny trails. She hasn't bucked in AGES, and just today she carried a girl who had never rode a horse before. She gave the girl a taste of what it's like to ride a REAL horse, and not just a robotic lesson horse. Tango taught her how to post at the trot, and how to sit deep in the canter. She walked calmly through the mud, and stepped over the logs. I felt so proud watching her take good care of her rider, and I think she will be a piece of cake this summer. Wait, rephrase: I hope she'll be a piece of cake this summer, though I know that no horse is perfect. She will continue to have great days and awful days, but she has definately become an easier horse to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment